FEI Titan Cubed Themis G2 300
contact person: Dr. Yaron Kauffmann
The Titan Themis G2 300 (FEI / Thermo Fisher) is the world’s highest resolution commercially available Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) and Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope (STEM) microscope with a high-tension voltage range of 60-300kV, yielding powerful sub-Ångstrom (atomic scale) imaging and analysis for a broad range of materials (metals, semiconductors, ceramics, polymers and organic materials).The Titan’s dedicated platform for correctors and monochromator technologies and their applications is designed for a high degree of automation, and provides ultimate stability, performance, and flexibility.The microscope transfers information deep into sub-Ångstrom resolution, providing the highest performance available in both TEM and STEM modes, enabling extraordinary new scientific opportunities for direct observation aimed at enabling analysis of individual nanostructures at an unprecedented resolution of 0.8Å, which is approximately one-third the size of a carbon atom.
The microscope was purchased as part of the Russell Berrie Nanotechnology Institute.
The Technion Titan Themis features:
- A monochromator for sub-eV energy resolution (60-300kV)
- A double corrector system (CEOS) for both TEM and STEM modes enabling sub-Ångstrom resolution.
- A high-resolution energy filter (Gatan Quantum ER965), for sub-eV EELS and energy filtered TEM (including ultrafast dual-EELS capabilities)
- Dual-X detector (Bruker) with an effective Solid Angle of 1.76sr for fast and precise local (atomic) chemical analysis.
- A high resolution BF/DF/HAADF STEM system
- Lorentz mode for mapping magnetic materials
- A DensSolutions double tilt hot stage (up to 1300°C) for in-situ studies
- A Gatan double-tilt hot stage (up to 1000°C) for in-situ studies
- A Gatan double-tilt cryo-stage (liquid N2) for life-science and CBED/EELS analysis
- A Fischione single-tilt tomography holder for EDX TEM and STEM 3D reconstruction
- Ceta2 4Kx4K ultra-high-speed CMOS camera (for in-situ)
- Exit wave reconstruction (True Image – ATLAS)
The microscope performance (tested on site):
Coming soon !!!
Zeiss Ultra-Plus FEG-SEM
contact person: Dr. Alex Berner
A Schottky field emmission gun SEM (FEG-SEM) which includes a heating stage up to 1050oC, a 80mm2 active area Oxford SDD EDS detector with an energy resolution of 127eV and a unique combination of detectors:
- Everhart Thornley chamber secondary electrons detector.
- In-lens secondary electrons detector.
- In-lens energy selected back scattered detector.
- Four-quadrant angular selected back scattered detector allowing imaging in orientation, topographic or composition modes.
- Transmission electron detector for STEM operations allowing bright and dark field imaging modes.
FEI Helios NanoLab DualBeam G3 UC
contact person: Dr. Galit Atiya
The dual-beam focused ion beam (FIB) at the Technion was purchased with the support of the Russell Berrie Nanotechnology Institute.
The Helios NanoLab G3 series DualBeam systems integrate ion and electron beams for FIB and SEM functionality in one machine. It enables switching between the two beams for quick and accurate navigation and milling. Convergence of the SEM and FIB at short working distance.
The FEI Helios NanoLab DualBeam allows fastest TEM sample preparation performance and allows highly flexible failure analysis capability and “slice-and-view” cross-sectioning at high resolution.
This SEM/FIB combines the most advanced scanning electron microscope (SEM) and focused ion beam (FIB) technologies with innovative gas chemistries, detectors, and manipulators. Featuring unsurpassed SEM resolution, image quality and Tomahawk™ FIB performance, imaging, milling, or preparing samples is fast and easy for semiconductor and data storage labs, research facilities and industrial applications.
The Helios NanoLab G3 is equipped with EDS and EBSD and enables 3D tomography.
The Helios NanoLab G3 features:
- Ultra-high resolution Elstar™ electron column with the UniColor source mode.
- High-resolution Tomahawk™ ion column with ICE (in chamber electronics) ion detector.
- The chamber and stage accommodate up to 100 mm samples.
- The high accuracy five-axis X, Y, Z, Rotation, Tilt) stage provides full coverage of 100 mm samples with computer control and automation of all axes for precise sample manipulation.
- The FEI EasyLift NanoManipulator supports higher yields for TEM sample lift-out through an intuitive, integrated user interface and attachment to a TEM grid for further analysis. It allows for final thinning of the sample to be accomplished after attachment to the TEM grid holder.
- Gas Injection System (GIS) – Advanced control of gas chemistries including FEI proprietary gases for enhanced precision deposition or bulk material removal.
- Auto Slice & view software provide a fully automated recipe for accurate slice and view
- NanoBuilder allows the creation of structures that are not possible with other litograohic methods. Users can modify their designs faster and resulting in quicker iteration than traditional lithography process.
The Microscope performance:
|Detector||Mode||Beam Deceleration||Accelerating Voltage||Resolution|
|ICD||UHR- UC on||500V||4kV||<1nm|
|Detector||Accelerating Voltage||Ion Current||Resolution|
|ICE – Se mode||30kV||1.1pA||<4nm|
|Detector||Mode||Accelerating Voltage||Electron Current||Resolution|
FEI Tecnai G2 T20 S-Twin TEM
Installed August 2006
contact person: Dr. Yaron Kauffmann
A 200KeV (or 120KeV) TEM with a LaB6 electron source and an FEI Supertwin Objective Lens.
This microscope is also equipped with a BF and DF STEM detectors, an EDS detector, a plate camera and a 1Kx1K Gatan 694 retractable slow scan CCD.
|TEM point resolution||< 0.24 nm|
|Cs value||1.2 mm|
|STEM resolution||< 1 nm|
|EDS resolution||132 eV|
FEI E-SEM Quanta 200
contact person: Dr. Alex Berner
An environmental SEM, enabling characterization of non-conducting without a conductive coating, and is equipped with EDS (light element), WDS and EBSD.
Olympus BX51 Light Microscope
contact person: Mr. Michael Kalina
The software includes the following advanced modules:
- Instant Extended Focus Image (EFI) – provides images for samples that extend beyond the standard depth of focus. The instant Extended Focus Image allows you to use the fine focus adjustment to combine many images at different z-levels to provide you with a single combined image that is entirely in focus.
- Manual Multiple Image Alignment (MIA) – provides Multiple Image Alignment (MIA) to enable the creation of panoramic images of samples that extend beyond the field of view. The software then quickly stitches them together, providing you with a seamless image for observation or complex measurement. Simultaneous use of instant EFI is also possible.
- Grain size measurement
- Phase analysis